Friday is set to be our "day of rest." Many of us asked why on earth do we spend our last day here at the beach enjoying God's creation when we could be helping more people. It is World Compassion Network's view that after a week of hard work serving the people of Honduras, we need a day of rest to transition back home. I must admit, it was a lot of fun. We started the day by heading to Tela to the beach where we were able to enjoy the afternoon relaxing at the cabana for lunch. We also jumped off of a pier, which is tradition. I didn't get to jump last year because my hand was broken, so I was scared to death this year...but I managed to do it three times. It was exciting.
Next was another tradition, baptism/re-commitment in the Caribbean Sea. Arianna decided to be re-committed and it was such a powerful moment. I am so proud of her!
Once we left Tela, we went back to the hotel to clean up and headed to the mall where the ministry that we work with here in Honduras has one of their offices. They had a wonderful Honduran dinner prepared for us. We left El Progreso and headed to San Pedro Sula where we worshiped at one of the biggest churches in Central America. They know how to worship!!!
Coming to a close in Honduras is a mix of feelings. It's hard to leave, but it's also impossible not to want to get home as soon as you can. I pray that the lessons I learned here will travel with me. I hope I never forget the feelings I had and the connection with God that I made.
No comments:
Post a Comment