PRAISE GOD, we are finally home! Kreid continued to progress today and is happily playing with Daddy in the floor right now. It is 10:55 p.m. and he should have been in bed hours ago, but he's home, he's happy, and most importantly he's BREATHING! So at this point, he could do jumping jacks on my head, and I'd be happy. I am glad to have two of my favorite guys back home lounging on the couch with me. It is surreal though, I must admit, to go from being at Kreid's side for two solid days with no other concern, to come back home and have to be a wife, a mother of three, a dog owner, an employee... all of it. I haven't wanted to answer the barrage of phone calls, or text messages. And when I got a text message from my old roommate about American Idol, I could not have been happier, if nothing else for the normalcy. As you see, I am even updating this blog late. I didn't intend to ignore the fact that we are home, Kreid is doing well, and I owe everyone an update... but I just wanted to relax and have a normal night, whether it was even possible or not. So here I am, a few hours (okay seven) later with the update on Kreid's condition.
Since my last update, this morning, he continued to improve throughout the day. He was very happy and playful, but slept a lot too. He only had one breathing treatment today... whether it helped at all, I'm not completely sure, but he didn't need much attention other than that. He was still congested, and needed the bulb syringe and saline every few hours, but those are things that can be handled at home. Because of that, we were discharged this afternoon. He has a follow up appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow morning, so hopefully we will get good news there. He will be home from daycare until Monday, even though now, I wish I could just stay home with him forever! Since I would likely go crazy doing that, I will just settle with taking him back on Monday.
Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for the encouraging words, many prayers, phone calls, text messages, comments on here and facebook, and the e-mails. I appreciate all who are concerned enough to pray for our sweet little baby. You are all amazing and you made me feel completely supported during a time of need for our family. For that, I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment